This project had a difficult birth. I created song snippets and then dumped song snippets. I honed in on a verse rhythm I liked (a "Salsa Guitar"). I later spent way too much time ruminating and fixating over a chorus I would later discard. I then moved on to a new chorus instrumental. I tried and I tried and I tried but couldn't find anything that felt "right". I gave up on that and then focused on lyrics. This was also painful but the seeds of words I threw Up into the air coalesced and informed some of the chord structure that followed. Over time, this slowly formed up into what my final product "chorus" came to be. I repeated the overall mixing process three times from scratch because I could not get the drums to bite. The version I uploaded will be tweaked further somewhere down the road before the album is completed. I still hear flaws. I finished the final mix today after several car listens. The car is the great "truth teller" when it comes to mix quality for me. If the music doesn't sound good in the car I take it back and re-edit. Finally, I added some "sweetening" instrumental embellishments at the end to add icing to the cake.
All in all I am very happy with the work. I hope you like it too.